Continuing Students Already Placed
Changing Spaces at Crown
Requesting a Room Change (within college)
The swap process depends on the nature of the change, and whether you are looking to transfer to a space within the college, or to a different college. Generally any request to swap rooms is a multi-step process that may take several weeks to complete, and are usually performed in the breaks between quarters.
If it is a roommate situation we encourage all students to attempt working it out with their roommates first. The second step is to have a meeting with the RA to explore possible solutions to the situation. If, after the proposed solutions have been attempted, it is the RA's recommendation a student be moved, they make a recommendation to their supervisor and the process advances to a meeting with the CRE. The CRE will also explore possible solutions, including a mediation with the occupants of the room. If, after solutions have been attempted, it is the CRE's recommendation a student be moved, they will make a recommendation to the Housing Coordinator. At this point the Housing Coordinator will look for an appropriate space. The timeframe may be lengthy depending on availability. For other situations be sure to speak to your RA, or make an appointment with the Crown/Merrill Housing Office by email at email@example.com to discuss your situation.
*Note: When requesting a room change, students understand:
- They will be charged the appropriate room rate for the type they move in to, which may be an increase or decrease from their current housing fee.
- Their meal plan may change in accordance with the preferences indicated on the housing application.
Continuing Students Waiting to Be Placed
If you are on the wait list for the 2017-18 academic year and wish to update your housing application/preferences, please contact the Housing Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your active application represents your interest in being assigned housing and we are committed to providing a space to all interested students. A confirmation email will be sent to your UCSC email address when you have been assigned housing. Some things to keep in mind while you await an assignment:
- Be patient and flexible as we continue through this portion of the housing assignment process.
- We will work with you over the coming days, weeks, and months to find you an available space either at your applied-for-community or elsewhere on campus.
- Contact your Housing Coordinator if you would like to update the room preferences listed in your housing application.
- Keep your contact information (cell phone, permanent phone) up-to-date in the Student Portal. Also, be sure to check your UCSC email often as housing staff may need to contact you.
If at any time your plans change and you are no longer interested university housing it is your responsibility to immediately cancel your application at studenthousing.ucsc.edu. There is no fee for cancelling an application prior to a space being assigned, but cancellation fees will apply in all cases of a student cancelling a confirmed housing space.
If you have any further questions, please contact the Crown/Merrill Housing Coordinator (email@example.com).