Move-in & Welcome Week
Fall 2014 Move-in - Friday, 9/26 & Saturday, 9/27
Move-in Day Assignments
You will be assigned your move-in day via your UCSC email account in mid-August. If you are unsure of your assigned move-in date check your UCSC email account. All move-in communications will be sent to your UCSC email address.
Move-in Time Sign Ups
Unloading spaces are limited, so it is important to sign up for a particular time slot for arrival on your assigned move-in day.
Check your @ucsc.edu e-mail and follow the link to sign up for your specific move-in time.
Sign up for only ONE slot. If you need to change your sign up, follow the link again, sign up for a different time AND remember to delete yourself from your previous selection so it becomes available for someone else. Instructions for deleting a previous selection are on the sign up page.
Moving In On Sunday, 9/28
There is no Crown move-in on Sunday, 9/28.
Moving In On Monday, 9/29 - Wednesday, 10/1
Continuing students choosing to move-in Monday 9/29, Tuesday 9/30 or Wednesday 10/1 do not need to sign up for a time on either Friday or Saturday. Please come to the Crown/Merrill Housing Office behind Banana Joe’s when you arrive. Arriving between 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. is recommended.
Move-in ProcessFirst, go to Merrill Parking Lot #119.
1. Bring a picture ID (driver’s license, passport, student ID card) to the Move-in table to pick up your keys and Move-in tag.
2. After checking in you will be directed to drive up to Crown. As we have limited parking, you will be allowed only two vehicles up to unload.
3. You will be given 20 minutes to unload your vehicle(s) at the curb near your building.
4. After unloading, you will need to immediately move your car to the East Remote parking lot.
5. A campus shuttle will be available at East Remote to bring you and your family back to Crown to unpack and settle in.
If you arrive after 4:00pm on Friday, 9/26 or Saturday, 9/27 please go directly up to the Crown/Merrill Housing Office located at Crown College behind Banana Joe's Cafe.
If you need to make alternative arrangements, contact the Crown Housing Coordinator before 5:00pm, Friday, September 5th.
Early move-in accommodations are only available for students who are part of the official Early Arrival Program.
We thank you in advance for your cooperation in making move-in a success!
Fall Welcome Week
* Fall 2014 Crown Welcome Week Schedule Preview
* Fall 2013 Welcome Week Schedule (students will receive a copy of this year's schedule when they arrive for move-in)
Questions about orientation? Call our voicemail at (831) 459-2966 or get in touch with your Fall Orientation Leader.
Team assignments were included in your room assignment and move-in e-mail mid-August.
Get your Crown 2014 T-shirt!
100% cotton for only $10! If you are interested, fill out the order form and mail it to:
1156 High Street
Santa Cruz, CA 95064
Orders received by Friday, August 29th are guaranteed to have their size available. Extras in most sizes will also be available on move-in day.
UCSC Exclusive Night at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk
Tuesday, September 30th.
Buy your ticket now and pick it up when you buy your books in the fall!
Your ticket includes $3 in boardwalk bucks that can be used at any food vendor the night of our event. The ticket also includes coupons for bowling, laser tag and one free ride later in the year (expires June 2015). Transportation provided.