Crown Faculty Resource Guide

Crown College Advising Hours

Monday through Friday  9:30 am-11:30a (except Thursday morning), 1:30-3:30 pm
Crown Admin Building. For more information click here.


Advising Position     Name Phone Number Email
Lead Preceptor

Winnie Tang

Academic Adviser

Beth Traux Armstrong

Academic Adviser



Counseling and Psychological Services

Slug Support Program




Student Judicial Affairs Behavior Concerns

Student Health Outreach & Promotion SHOP

Campus Advocacy, Resources & Education CARE

Crown Writing Center CWC   hours posted at beginning of quarter
Transportation and Parking Services TAPS


Core Enrollment Information
For Instructors:

"Extra Student" Not On Your Roster:
Immediately have student come to advising office to determine correct core class
Students Who Want To Switch a Section:
Must contact the Crown core manager for permission number IF this is an option
"No Shows" and Absences
Immediately contact the Crown core manager if students do not attend the first class so they can be located and referred to the correct instructor.
Continuing No Shows and Absences:
Contact the Crown core manager immediately if a student is absent for more than two classes/sections. Crown advising will conduct a follow-up check on the student's well-being (or their plans to withdraw from the university).

Key Dates

Other Helpful Information for Faculty

Incomplete Grades (I)

  • These are given at the instructor's discretion
  • The student must meet with you and understand what is required to complete the classwork-including a timeline to submit the completed classwork.
  • You must file a Petition for Removal of Incomplete and complete the coursework no later than the last day of the following quarter. The instructor may require an earlier date. (See Removal of an Incomplete Grade Notation)
  • The final deadline is the last day of the following quarter to submit the completed work to you (along with the Removal of Incomplete Form, which carries a $10 fee).Failure to remove the Incomplete Notation will result in an F grade.
  • When the coursework is completed and you have signed the petition, you will assign a grade for the student and send the petition to the college admin office. The provost signs it, and then sends it to the Registrar. Make sure you have updated the grade in your faculty portal. 

Grading Chart

  • Faculty Grading Chart here:  

Behavior and Mental Health Resources

Comprehensive online resources for difficult teaching situations here and here.

Emotional Issues, Psychological Concerns, Suspected Drug/Alcohol Abuse

Notify Crown advising staff so we can check in with the student (or consult with other staff for appropriate follow up). 

Refer student to Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) or Let's Talk Program. Counselors are available for phone consultation with students and faculty. Students can see a counselor without charge; crisis counseling is also available.

For information on assessing students, tips on helpful conversations, and a comprehensive guide on resources, click on "Need Help Now," or review "Responding to Distressed Students" or consult the "Red Folder: Assisting Students in Distress". 

Disruptive Behavior, Anger & Aggression:

Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) has excellent resources for dealing with difficult teaching situations.

If you would like to consult with (or report to) the Campus Judicial Officer: (831) 459-4446 or

If the behavior is affecting the student's academics (or you would like a consultation with Crown Advising) please contact

For information on assessing a student's overall behavior and a comprehensive guide on resources, review the "Red Folder: Assisting Students in Distress and Counseling & Psychological Service's "Responding to Distressed Students".

Privacy: Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and the Classroom:

              return essays or graded coursework in an unattended (public) box
              post grades or other enrollment information, including students' names.

Academic Misconduct

If you suspect a student has been cheating or plagiarized information about the Academic Misconduct process is here

You will need to complete this online form, and then submit the form to the Crown CAPC (College Academic Programs Coordinator) at

Academic Difficulty (in Core or suspected elsewhere)

Email or refer the student to the Crown Advising Office

Drop-in Writing Tutoring is available through Learning Support Services or the Crown Writing Center (hours are posted every quarter, students will be able to sign up in advance and/or drop in)

*thank you to Lupe Allen for her work compiling these resources