Guest Checklist

Commencement guidelines banner

Admission Tickets

Students will be assigned six (6) tickets and two (2) parking passes that can be claimed online. Each guest must have a ticket. Cars must have a valid Commencement Parking Pass displayed to park on campus. Vehicles without a Commecement Parking Pass may not be able to park on campus.


UC Santa Cruz has contracted with Best Grad Photo™ to professionally photograph our ceremony. Graduates will have their photo taken as they enter the stage and receive their degree. Photo proofs are sent by Best Grad Photo™ approximately 72 hours after the ceremony. There is no obligation to buy these photos. To receive proofs, grads must opt-in by filling out the appropriate section of the commencement registration form with their contact information. Neither Crown College nor the University are responsible for the proofs or the ordering process; it is entirely between the graduate and Best Grad. The college only contracts with the vendor and provides the venue.

We understand Commencement is a momentous occasion; however, for the safety of our grads and for all guests to enjoy their time at the ceremony please observe these rules:

  • Aisles must be free and clear of all people, tripods, and equipment. Guests may not stand in or block aisles during the ceremony.
  • Guests may not approach the stage or breach designated barriers.
  • Guests are asked to remain seated at the end of the ceremony until all Graduates and Faculty have vacated the staging area.
  • Drones are not allowed.

UCSC's "No Pet" Policy

For the safety of our guests, only service animals utilized for disability accommodation as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act are allowed. If you enter campus with a pet, you will be asked to leave. There are several "pet hotels" in Santa Cruz County equipped to board your pets; please check local listings.

International Guests

Students inviting extended family to the United States from another country can apply for a B-1/B-2 visitor visa or come to the U.S. under the visa waiver program. See the International Student and Scholar Services page for more information.